Sunday 3 April 2011

Day 3 - Wheeze and Blast

What a jolly jape,
what a wheeze!
But a wheeze is a shortness of breath
when you're gasping for air.

What a merry time,
what a blast!
But a blast is a sudden expansion,
caused by release of energy
which can hurt a bit.

I was wheezing after the blast,
coughing up white ash and black soot and red blood,
which coincidentally
where the same colours as my stereo back home.
Which is where I wanted to be right now,
not stuck out in the street waiting for someone
to take my pulse
and take a statement
and take me in hand.

I didn't care who did it or why,
 I didn't want to be sucked into their game,
  to be turned into a headline grabber,
   for something that has nothing to do with me.

I thought back to the time when I first was kissed,
wond'ring if I was first on your list.
Staring at your slender wrist.
I could not resist
your hip twist.

Grinning,
I was winning,
and the pain was thinning,
even though my head was spinning,
nothing could stop me from my next inning.

And I wasn't going to let the scoundrels do,
well,
whatever it was they were trying to do.

Are you Ok? they asked.
Yes, I said, or I soon will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment